NegOcc readies P31-M rice aid for quarantine-affected residents

first_imgThe province has 19 municipalities and12 cities, excluding Bacolod. Each local government unit (LGUs) will receive P1million in rice aid. On Thursday, Lacson issued ExecutiveOrder No. 20-20, placing Negros Occidental under ECQ for 14 days. Trucks from various localities have beentransporting sacks of rice from the NFA warehouse in Bacolod since Friday. “Instead of cash, the local chiefexecutives opted to receive the P1 million in the form of rice subsidy. This isan additional support of the province to the LGUs, which have their ownprovisions for their constituents,” she said in a press conference. Charina Magallanes-Tan, executiveassistant to Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson, said the rice purchased from theNational Food Authority (NFA) has been released to the LGUs starting Friday. Provision for food and essential healthservices shall also be regulated and there will be a heightened presence ofuniformed personnel to enforce quarantine procedures.center_img BACOLOD City – The provincial government of Negros Occidental has allocateda P31-million rice subsidy for the province’s 31 towns and cities during theenhanced community quarantine (ECQ) which will start on Monday. For 14 days, a strict home quarantineshall be observed in all households in Negros Occidental and movement shall belimited to accessing basic necessities. The ECQ, to be implemented as aprecaution against the spread or local transmission of the coronavirus disease2019 (COVID-19), will start at 12:01 a.m. on March 30 and end at 11:59 p.m. onApril 14. The provincial government will deviseand implement a scheme to deliver food packs to vulnerable municipalities andcities, and a point-to-point transport plan to deliver its employees and healthcare workers to and from their workplace. (Witha report from PNA/PN)last_img

Read More →

Have a very recyclable holiday

first_imgGreensburg, IN—Decatur County Solid Waste District would like to help promote recycling in the community for the holidays.  During the holidays, we accumulate about 25% more trash than usual.  By recycling just a few things, you can help save your community. Examples includeUse reusable bags while holiday shoppingWrap gifts in recycled paper or use gift bags that can be reused over and overSend out recycled Christmas cards this yearBuy rechargeable batteriesBring unopened non-perishable items to a local food pantryCompost your Christmas tree in a pond to create a fish habitat.last_img

Read More →

Other Sports Aware recalls time when he considered quitting sport

first_imgMumbai: After he was not selected for the 2016 Rio Olympics, wrestler Rahul Aware had considered quitting. Two years on, the Maharashtra grappler is the happy recipient of a gold medal at the 2018 Commonwealth Games.“Time does not stop for anyone, my age was advancing and I was missing important tournaments. I missed the Olympics…..I had decided that if I qualify for the 2016 Olympics then it’s fine, or else would retire from the sport.  Wrestling is a game which can be played till a certain age— maximum 30 years,” said 26-year-old Aware.He was speaking after receiving Sportsman of the Year award of the Sports Journalists Association of Mumbai.“I was sidelined for the 2016 Olympics. After a year there were trials for the (2018) Commonwealth Games, which was a challenge, but I took it for the last time (and got selected),” he said.Aware went on to bag the gold medal in the 57 kg freestyle category at the Commonwealth Games held at Gold Coast, Australia, earlier in 2018. For all the Latest Sports News News, Other Sports News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.last_img

Read More →

Kenya Open: Odoh to Become First Nigerian on European Tour in…

first_imgOdoh, who has been Nigeria’s top-rated golfer in the past 10 years, will be one of the players that will vie for the Euro 1.1 million purse when the tournament holds at the Karen Country Club outside Nairobi.The Kenya Open, which is on the Safara Tour series, is considered the East and Central Africa’s premier annual golf event.The tournament is in its 52nd year. It is also part of the PGA European Tour by virtue of first being listed on the European Challenge Tour in 1991. For the second time, it is also one of the European Tour’s “Race to Dubai’’ scoring events.The entry list will feature 144 top golfers drawn from all over the world. Some of the top players expected at Karen include five former champions.They include Hayden Porteous (South Africa), 2015; Sebastian Soderberg (Switzerland), 2016; Aaron Rai (England), 2017; Lorenzo Gagli (Italy), 2018 and last year’s defending champion Guido Migliozzi (Italy).Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Olawale Ajimotokan in AbujaAndrew Oche Odoh is set to become the first Nigerian male professional golfer on the European Tour in two decades at the Magical Kenya Open, scheduled to tee off from March 12 through 15.The record for the maiden appearance was set by the late Christian Godfrey, when he featured at the 2005 Omega European Masters at the Crans-sur-Sierre Golf Club in Switzerland. Andrew Oche Odohlast_img

Read More →

Gallery: No. 20 Duke beats No. 12 Syracuse, 17-10

first_img Published on March 31, 2018 at 5:24 pm Contact Max: mefreund@syr.edu Facebook Twitter Google+ No. 12 Syracuse (7-5, 0-3 Atlantic Coast) played its fourth game in eight days on Saturday against No. 20 Duke (7-4, 2-2). In the 17-10 Blue Devils win, the Orange struggled to maintain possession and when SU did have the ball, it struggled to make shots. The loss keeps the Orange winless in conference play. Commentslast_img

Read More →

Modest start by Anika Varma at US Women’s Amateur, lies 55th

first_img Written By 1 month ago 7-inning doubleheaders debut in MLB, Reds top Tigers 4-3 1 month ago Delhi, Mumbai Customs to start faceless cargo assessment from Aug 3 1 month ago Odisha CET 2020: Application process for common PG entrance likely to start in a week SUBSCRIBE TO US 1 month ago Outstanding Kikuchi start went by the wayside as Mariners rallied in extras WE RECOMMEND WATCH US LIVE LIVE TVcenter_img 1 month ago Sushant’s sister shares ‘Bhai’s whiteboard’ with things he wanted to start from June 29 Press Trust Of India Last Updated: 4th August, 2020 12:37 IST Modest Start By Anika Varma At US Women’s Amateur, Lies 55th A 16-year-old Anika Varma became the first Indian golfer to tee off at the US Women’s Amateur Championship, carding a three-over 75 to make a modest start First Published: 4th August, 2020 12:37 IST A 16-year-old Anika Varma became the first Indian golfer to tee off at the US Women’s Amateur Championship, carding a three-over 75 to make a modest start.The teenager, who shifted base from India to US last year to further her golf career, was placed Tied-55th after the first round.The top 64 after two rounds of stroke-play will advance into the match-play segment of the Championship.Varma, coached by Noah Montgomery who works with India’s leading star Gaganjeet Bhullar, struck two birdies, one on either side of the 6,553-yard, par-72 layout at Woodmont Country Club course.But she also gave away five bogeys in challenging conditions in which the players weathered some long rough and fast greens.Two other Indian-Americans — Megha Ganne of New Jersey and Gurleen Kaur of Texas — shot 71 and 78 respectively to be placed Tied-7th and T-102.Varma opened with a par and then had a bogey on second and a birdie on the third before she settled down.Two more bogeys on the seventh and ninth saw her turn in two-over 38.She endured bogeys on the 12th and 16th and a birdie in between on the par-five  15th for one-over 37 on the tougher back nine.Rachel Kuehn and Riley Smyth, both playing in their first Women’s Amateur, carded four-under 68s and shared the lead as Hurricane Isaias approached Maryland delaying the round by two hours and 16 minutes. Two players were yet to finish.Kuehn, 19, with her older brother on the bag, birdied six of her first 11 holes but ran out of birdies thereafter and bogeyed the 13th. Image credits: PTI / Social Media COMMENT FOLLOW USlast_img

Read More →

AffiliateINSIDER to host Betting on Sports webinar, Reality 2019: Survival of the Fittest

first_imgShare Better Collective cautious on quick recovery as COVID drags growth momentum August 25, 2020 Submit Share Related Articles Better Collective Spotlight: How Betarades.gr is driving engagement through YouTube July 30, 2020 StumbleUpon Bettingexpert crowns TheTrollmanSha World Tipster Champion  July 2, 2020 SBC’s fortnightly Betting on Sports webinar series continues on Wednesday 21 August with ‘Reality 2019: Survival of the Fittest’, an in-depth look at the changing nature of player acquisition programmes, hosted by AffiliateINSIDER.The session will examine why a number of the industry’s player acquisition programmes are struggling to transition to the sector’s new marketing demands.As we approach the ‘peak betting phase’ across multiple markets, does industry leadership need to rethink the proposition of affiliate marketing programmes as a discipline, adding long-term marketing value beyond blunt acquisition measurements?Furthermore, how has affiliate marketing’s mass M&A condition changed the relationship between operator and publisher, as betting operators seek to conquer very present scale challenges that have seen a number halt operations (188Bet, BetBright etc..)?Leading the webinar discussion will be AffiliateINSIDER Founder Lee-Ann Johnstone, an industry marketing expert who is committed to developing the sector’s next-generation player acquisition programmes with a focus on employee training, developing transition strategies and forming tailored acquisition models.Johnstone said: “Acquisition marketing is getting harder to manage without specialist expertise for every digital medium we work in. Omni-channel marketing is detailed and complex, and brands are moving away from a requirement to try to manage everything in-house because they need expertise to succeed in igaming’s competitive environment. “I’ll be lifting the lid on the inner workings of why acquisition programmes typically fail and sharing tactics for building sustainable relationships and online revenue.”Joining Johnstone on the panel is Gavin Moore, Director – Group Acquisition Marketing for Better Collective.Moore said: “Affiliates must now go beyond ‘just’ delivering the players. We must further align our interests with our business partners and strive to contribute more to the value chain via the products we provide that nurture our communities.”Register for AffiliateINSIDER – Reality 2019: Survival of the Fittest – 4PM (BST), 21 August 2019The Betting on Sports webinar series is designed to provide stakeholders from across the industry with regular updates about current issues and opportunities, with input from high-level specialists. It is run by SBC, the team behind Betting on Sports, the world’s leading sports betting industry event. Betting on Sports 2019 takes place at Olympia London on September 17-20, with more than 3,500 delegates from operators, affiliates, suppliers, payment providers, regulators and sports clubs set to attend.Previous Betting on Sports webinars are available on demand. Watch ICED(AI) – A Burgeoning Affair: Machine Learning & The Global Sports Betting IndustryWatch Luckbox – Breaking The Esports Betting BarrierWatch Rare Breed – Betting On Politics_______________last_img

Read More →

Karim Benzema will not play for France at Euro 2016 – French Football Federation

first_imgKarim Benzema will not play for France when his country host Euro 2016 this summer, the French Football Federation have confirmed.The Real Madrid striker has not played for his country since being questioned by police in November in connection to an alleged blackmail attempt against Mathieu Valbuena, over a sextape reportedly showing national team-mate Valbuena and his partner.There has yet to be an official announcement of a decision on his ban over an alleged blackmail scandal.Benzema has also been caught up in a money laundering case in which he has been called as a witness.FULL STATEMENT ON BENZEMA HEREIt was always deemed unlikely that he would be recalled by his country while such negative publicity surrounded him. He apparently met France head coach Didier Deschamps and FFF President Noel Le Graet on Wednesday to discuss the situation.    “”Unfortunately for me and all those who have always supported and put up with me I will not be selected for the Euros in France,” said Benzema via Twitter. “Benzema, 28, has won 81 caps for the national side since 2007, scoring 27 goals for Les Bleus.France’s midfielder Mathieu Valbuena (L) and France’s forward Karim Benzema – AFP”The ability of players to work towards unity, in and around the group, and exemplary preservation group are also taken into account by all the Federation,” said the FFF in a statement.”As a result, Christmas Graët and Didier Deschamps decided that Karim Benzema will not participate in Euro 2016.” Ahead of the decision, Benzema wrote on his Facebook page: “Whatever happens… Once a Blue, always a Blue!”Benzema has won the La Liga and the Champions League with the Spanish side and has twice won the Copa del Rey.He won four Ligue 1 titles and a Coupe de France with Olympique Lyon before joining Madrid for around £35m in 2009.He was part of the France side that lifted the European Under-17 Championship 12 years ago.  – Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @JoySportsGH. Our hashtag is #JoySportslast_img

Read More →