Report: Sammy still West Indies T20 captain PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad (CMC): West Indies selectors have retained T20 captain Darren Sammy for the upcoming International Cricket Council World T20 tournament, according to reports in the Trinidad and Tobago media. The reports come amid speculation that selectors may have replaced Sammy with ODI captain Jason Holder for the premier tournament scheduled for India in March. The Guardian newspaper reported on Monday that selectors opted for experience going into the T20 World Cup but the report contained no official confirmation from the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB). Sammy, an all-rounder from St. Lucia, has presided over West Indies rise to number one in the ICC rankings. He led the team that won the title in 2012 in Sri Lanka and reached the semi-finals in 2014 in Bangladesh. Bravo happy with role in Red Force title win PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad (CMC): West Indies middle order batsman Darren Bravo says he is pleased with the role he played that inspired Trinidad and Tobago Red Force to retain their NAGICO Super50 title on Saturday. Bravo missed his century on three occasions, but his prolific batting propelled Red Force into the finals where they dominated Barbados Pride with a one-sided 72 run win to remain champions. “It’s a good feeling. Obviously, when you contribute to a winning cause, it’s always a good feeling. And I’m always happy about that,” said Bravo, who returned to Red Force’s lineup towards the end of the competition after the West Indies tour of Australia. “It’s just a matter of continuing believing in myself. At the end of the day, I put in a lot of work so it’s always good to know that whenever you go out there, and you get that opportunity, it’s good to know that you’re reaping the rewards”. Coach hails Grenada’s new stadium ST GEORGE’S, Grenada (CMC): Former American track athlete and now Coach to Kirani James, Harvey Glance, has described Grenada’s new Chinese built athletic and football stadium as ‘mind blowing’. The US$40 million stadium, with a seating capacity of nearly 8,000, was declared open amid much pomp and pageantry in an official ceremony carried live on national television on Saturday. The new facility replaces the original athletics stadium which was destroyed when Hurricane Ivan ravaged the country in 2004. “This is my first time seeing the stadium in its full capacity not only crowd wise but also building wise because I came down to recruit Kirani when he was 16 and a half years old and the stadium had been hit by the hurricane,” said Glance. “So I am truly, truly impressed with what the Chinese people have done”. Glance attended the opening alongside James who was invited to perform the ceremonial lighting of the torch.